Junior Software Developer
Foretheta is a US-based company helping customers building their innovative IT products and delivering data engineering services, i.e., big data analytics and machine learning. Foretheta is a remote-first company. This means that our remote employees, from all over the world, are first class team members and do not have to deal with teams centralized around a particular city.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of algorithms, data structures, and web technologies. You will be part of a collaborative team responsible for meeting customer requirements, maintaining, and shipping product features.
- You will collaborate with other software engineers in diagnosing, fixing, and preventing production issues.
- You will work with the technical lead and other engineers to maintain and develop new features, as well as enhancing existing functionalities.
- You will identify and resolve performance, scalability and data integrity issues.
- You will review developers code, provide feedback and develop team knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree or higher, in Computer Science or related field
- Less than 2 years of software engineering experience
- Knowledge in AWS services, DevOps, RESTful API, Machine Learning and Big Data tools
- Knowledge in web applications technologies and requirements
- Emphasis on writing clear, readable, testable, deployable, monitored code for server-side applications
- Excellent communication and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
- A remote-first culture where team members work remotely. No need to commute to an office, if you don't want to.
- No vacation tracking; you take them as needed. We honor national holidays for your region.
- Possibility to work from a co-working space of your choice
- Conferences and career development
How interviews typically go
- Three simple coding exercises to assess basic technical skills.
- A behavioral interview with a technical project manager on our team to assess your soft skills, problem-solving skills and communication.
- A technical interview with an engineer on our team to review your technical knowledge, listen to your experience and share what the day to day job is like.
- A paid 4-week trial period (limited number of hours), for you to experience working in Foretheta and see if it’s the right fit before moving to a full-time contract and for us to ensure that you are able to fulfill the requirements of the job.